Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Review + Swatches: Maybelline Color Elixirs

Long time, no post! I am so sorry about the lack of posts this past month. I have been going through some things in my personal life that have been distracting and have made me feel unmotivated about blogging. However, things are slowly getting better and I am finally here with a review that I am super excited about! I have been trying out these Maybelline Color Elixirs for a few months now and they are such fun new products. I am big fan of so many drugstore lip products and these are quickly rising to the top as some of my absolutely favorites!



Product Rundown

These Maybelline Elixirs claim to combine the pigmentation of a lipstick, the hydration of a lip balm, and the glossy finish of a lip gloss. They come in 20 different shades and run from $6-$8, depending on where you buy them. The cheapest I have found them is at Target!

(from top to bottom: 060 Nude Illusion, 065 Caramel Infused, 045 Amethyst Potion)

My Thoughts

I have quickly become addicted to these products. The pigmentation is better than even I would have expected. They are so super glossy and they make your lips look plump and pouty, which is always a good thing. I also really enjoy the texture of the product. It doesn't feel like a traditional lip gloss consistency. On the lips, it feels more lip balmy in texture. It feels kind of like a cross between a balm and a gloss on the lips. If you have read my blog for a while, you would know about my undying love for the Revlon Lip Butters. Well, these Maybelline Elixirs have risen to that same level love in terms of drugstore lip products. I absolutely love these and I HAVE to pick up some more shades! My favorite shade is the Amethyst Potion. It's the perfect quick bold lip for the winter months. I love the applicator on these as well. It's a tear drop shaped applicator and the tapered end makes it very easy to apply to the corners of the lips. The lasting power of these is similar to a lip butter. It lasts well throughout the day, but will wear off when eating or drinking, which is kind of to be expected. I don't really have any critical thing to say about these lip products other than that I wish we lived in an ideal world where makeup was free so that I could own literally every shade.

I would definitely recommend this product to any and everybody. I hope you found this review helpful. Again, I apologize for the lack of posts but I am now going to be posting regularly once again! Have a fabuloussss day!

xoxo,
Paige

1 comment: