Monday, February 3, 2014

January Beauty Favorites

January was good to me in terms of makeup. I collected several new products at the end of last year and have been putting them to the test throughout the month. Some of them, I have fallen totally in love with! I can't to share them and all their amazingness with you...

1. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

AHHH! Urban Decay, you have done amazing things with this palette. I love the rosy theme of this palette. It is very complimentary of my brown eyes and it's so versatile. I have created so many different looks with this and I have loved each and every one. In the next few weeks, I will post some FOTD posts with this so you can see some of my favorite looks with this palette. The eyeshadows, like all Urban Decays shadows, are super pigmented and blend beautifully. These are a few of my favorite shades...
from left to right: Buzz, Trick, Liar


I may have found my holy grail of all BB creams. This is magic skin amazingness in a tube. It is light coverage, as you would expect, but it just transforms your skin completely. It blurs every flaw and looks incredibly natural. It looks like you're wearing no makeup at all and your skin is naturally perfect. I could go on and on about this product, so I will post a full review on this soon with swatches and a before and after!


This is an amazing, amazing concealer. I am actually shocked by how good it is considering it's only $4.99. It is super pigemented and very high coverage. The finish of it is super natural and blends really nice with many different foundations. It does an amazing job of hiding blemishes and redness. I would recommend anyone to try this concealer! It is my new absolute favorite for blemishes and breakouts!


I have mentioned this blush here and there in some of my past posts, but it has definitely earned its place into my favorites this month. I am loving this color at the moment. It's a super natural rose blush with a hint of gold and it adds great color and life to the face. The powder itself is so fine and smooth, so it blends out so easily. I am in love!


I was a little "iffy" about this product when I hauled it a couple months ago. I wasn't sure it would ever live up to the 30 something dollars I paid for it. It was after all, a lip balm that is supposed to add some color to your lips. But I am glad to say that I am so, so happy that I invested in this! It is super moisturizing, as you would expect, but the color it adds is so flattering. The product claims that it adjusts to your own body's chemistry and therefore, creates a different and unique shade of pink on everyone! It totally changes on my lips and is super flattering to my skin tone and the natural shade of my lips. It also looks a complete different shade of pink on my mom, so it is definitely unique to whoever wears it. I love this and it is the perfect everyday lip color.


I just did a full review on these lip products, which you can read here, so I want go into much detail about these! I love them and there are my new favorite lip products at the drugstore! I can not wait to pick up more colors. 


I picked this up this sample size Kate Somerville moisturizer as part of a Sephora 500 point reward and have been addicted to it! It blows my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer out of the water. This sinks into the skin so quickly and leaves absolutely no greasy residue on the face. It plumps and moisturizes the skin perfectly. It's lightweight and I've been using it both day and night. My skin texture has been lovely and I am just in love with this moisturizer!


This Benefit eye cream ticks all the boxes for an amazing eye cream. It is super mega moisturizing, it has improved my dark circles, and it has improved the appearance of fine lines under my eye! I love applying this at night, and in the morning, my under eye concealer applies so much more smoothly. Also, I kind of love the price. This amount of product is going to last me months and months because you only need a tiny amount. It's right around $30. Personally, I think that is reasonable considering many high end eye creams are around $60-$80.

That wraps it up for my favorite beauty products this month! I am super excited that it is February since it is my birthday month *woop woop*! I have tons of posts I am super excited to post this month and you can follow my blog or keep coming back to see all of those. I hope you have an amazing day!!

xoxo,
Paige

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have bought some really great stuff recently. I have just found your blog and love it. The layout is lovely especially the header and the content is so fresh. I hve followed on blogloving and would be thrilled if you popped over for a look at mine at http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww this comment made me so, so happy! thank you so much! i just followed you blog on bloglovin' and i'm checking out your blog right now!! :)

      Delete