Thursday, February 20, 2014

Review: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

I am definitely a primer girl. After a couple years of using primers before my foundation, I can't imagine not wearing one. I think they can make such a difference in terms of how smooth foundation applies, how long it lasts, and how visible your pores are. My all-time favorite is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (full review here) but I have been looking to find a good drugstore option. I was super excited to see this product at my drugstore because I have been dying to try it out! I have worn it consistently over the past few weeks and have definitely been able to put it to the test.


Product Rundown

Price: $6.99

This product claims to have "instant blur technology" which erases the appearance of pores on the face. It can be worn on its own or under foundation.



My Thoughts

I had read some pretty poor reviews of this product after I picked it up, so I was super optimistic about loving it. I would agree that it isn't the greatest primer out there, but it also isn't bad by any means either. I think it is a good drugstore option if you are just starting out with makeup and want to try a primer. It will create a smooth surface for you to apply foundation over. I found this made my foundation over the top look more even than just foundation alone. The biggest issue I have with this product is that it claims to blur your pores, but it really did not have that effect on me. I saw no reduction in the visibility of my pores. Also, this is not a primer that is going to prolong the wear of your foundation. My foundation would wear off throughout the day as it would had I not worn any primer.

So overall, this is a product that will provide a smooth base and will allow your foundation to look smooth, blended, and perfect. It does not blur the appearance of pores and will not prolong the wear of your foundation. That being said, it is better than most primers I've tried from the drugstore and for the price, it is a good option if you are looking for a very simple primer. I will definitely still use this product. I prefer to wear it on days where I just have to head out the house for a few hours and won't be wearing my makeup all day. If you are just starting with makeup, this will probably be a great option for you if you are wanting to try out a primer.

I hope you found this review helpful! Have an AMAZING day!!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment