Thursday, February 6, 2014

Review + Swatches: CoverGirl TruMagic the Sunkisser Bronzer

In the past few months or so, I've really stepped up my contour and highlighting game. I am a huge fan of strong contoured cheeks and am pretty picky when it comes to any sort of bronzer or contour shade. Since it is winter, my skin is pretty pale so I prefer a lighter matte bronzer that is not too orange or muddy for my contour. CoverGirl recently released this TruMagic line that features a primer/touch up balm, this balm bronzer, and a balm luminizer. When I saw the line at my local drugstore, the bronzer really intrigued me. I love cream contouring and have never been able to find a good drugstore option for a cream contour. I have been testing this out over the last month or so and actually really like it!


Product Rundown

Price: $10.99

The TruMagic line is martketed as a series of "perfecting balms" that can be worn alone, under, or on top of makeup. There are supposed to be non-greasy and will not clog pores. The bronzer has a matte finish.


My Thoughts

I am actually really impressed by this product. It is a strange texture, and at first, I was a little wary of it. It feels like a cross between a gel and a balm, but it blends out into an almost powdery type finish. The texture is somewhat similar to a silicone primer, really smooth and blendable. This type of texture was a little scary because products of this type of consistency tend to break me out, but I have had no issues with breakouts so far.

The bronzer applied really smooth and it was very easy to blend. You don't have to worry about applying too much of this bronzer because it blends out so, so easily. You can achieve a very subtle bronzed or contoured look with this product but you can also build it up to be a little more dramatic look. The color isn't too orange-y and I love that it is completely matte. It creates a nice shadow for contouring. My favorite way to use this product is to apply it after foundation and concealer, then set everything with a powder or a makeup setting spray, and then apply a powder bronzer over the top. By layering the products, you get a very long wear.

 (excuse that small scratch. I have two boxers and play time can get a little rough every now and then :)

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product if you were looking for a good drugstore bronzer. It is great for both contouring and bronzing and looks natural even on my fair skin. I hope you found this review helpful and if you have any questions, just leave a comment! Thanks for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment