Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review + Swatches: Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette


I am a sucker for pretty eyeshadow palettes. When the Marc Jacobs makeup line launched last year, the gorgeous 7 eyeshadow palettes were immediately calling my name. The lux packaging and the selection of shadow shades were too gorgeous to resist. Since I am a notorious neutral eyeshadow girl, the Lolita palette was a match made in heaven. I have had this palette for many, many months now, so I definitely have been able to test it out very thoroughly!


Product Rundown

Price: $59.00

Each palette is a collection of shimmery metallics, buttery mattes, and lustrous sheens. They are made with "advanced pigments" that provide instant color payoff. They claim to be long lasting. All shades are chosen and created to harmoniously work together and blend for the perfect eyeshadow look.



My Thoughts

I have a bit of mixed feelings about this palette as a whole. I do love it and the colors are gorgeous. The mattes are super high quality, buttery soft, and so easily blended. The shimmery shades are quite pigmented. A couple of them are a little chunky and slightly chalky while the other couple are smooth and perfect in texture. I love that the palette includes a really nice matte soft brown transition/crease shade because I think that is essential for every eyeshadow look. I love the matte white shade as well; it is very pigmented and it is an amazing highlight especially for the brow bone. My other favorite shade in the palette is that gorgeous shimmery bronze on the very end that looks so pretty in the crease as well as one the lid. I absolutely adore the packaging. I love how sleek it is. The palette is small and really great for travel.

While I do love so many things about this palette, I just don't find myself reaching for it that often. It is very pricey and I just don't think I am getting my money's worth from it. I have many eyeshadow palettes and I am consistently reaching for those over this palette. The shades are so pretty, but I feel like I have about every shade in another palette or as a single eyeshadow somewhere in my collection. The colors in the palette aren't super unique and I kind of wish I had chosen another one of the Marc Jacobs eyeshadow palettes.

If you love neutral eyeshadow palettes and are looking for a nice, high quality, high end palette and feel you don't have some of these shades in your collection, then yes, I would absolutely recommend this. If you have a ton of eyeshadow, I would say that you don't absolutely need this palette because you probably have something similar already in your collection. The eyeshadows are really good quality though so you may be interested in another one of the Marc Jacobs palettes (there are 3 other variations). Also if you travel a lot and are looking for an small, easy to travel with neutral palette, then this would definitely be one to look into!

I hope you found this review helpful! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment