Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Makeup!

Happy Valentine's Day! I have to admit, I am not a biggest fan of this dreadful day BUT I still wanted to create a fun makeup look inspired by it. My Valentine's Day is going to filled with the two loves of my life: Netflix and food. BUT if you are doing something much more exciting than me, then this could be a perfect makeup look for you to recreate! I went with playful and romantic pink and berry shadows for the eyes, a dramatic cat eye, and a nude lip! I hope you like it!


1. Foundation + Concealer
To prime my face, I used the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I picked this up a few weeks ago and am still testing it out. I will post a full review on it very, very soon! For foundation, I used the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. For blemishes and redness, I used the NYX HD Concealer and for under the eyes, I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser.



2. Cream Contour + Setting Powder

I cream contoured my face using the CoverGirl truMagic bronzer. I applied this in the hollows of my cheekbones, along and under the jawline, and on the sides of my forehead. Then, I set my entire face with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in "Diffused Light". This gives a gorgeous, natural glow all over the face.

3. Blush + Bronzer

I layered NARS Laguna Bronzer over the cream bronzer for a nice contoured look that will last for hours and hours. For blush, I went with NARS Sin.



4. Eye Shadow!

To prime the eye, I went with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Inked in Pink", which is a gorgeous metallic pink cream shadow. I whipped out the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette because I am totally obsessed with it and it has the perfect rosy shades I need for this look. I also incorporated MAC Cranberry (see another FOTD with this shadow here) for a pop of berry.

1. Limit: applied through the crease with a large fluffy crease brush and also on lower lash line
2. Buzz: applied to the lid
3. Dust: layered over buzz on the lid
4. MAC Cranberry: applied in outer corner and lower lash line
5. Liar: applied on lower lash line for more definition
6. Strange: applied on inner corner and on the brow bone

5. Liner + Mascara

I created a cat eye/winged liner with my all time favorite gel liner, the Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in "Blackest Black" and then applied two coats of the L'Oreal Voluminous Original Masacra.


6. Lips

For lips, I went with the Maybelline Color Elixir in "Nude Illusion".


I hope you have a fantastic Valentine's Day and I hope you enjoyed this look! Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment