Friday, August 9, 2013

Fab Friday Feature: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

I definitely have a love affair with this primer. I have talked about this product in a few posts, but I thought it was time to dedicate a full blog post to why exactly I love it so much. And what better time to talk about this primer than in one of these Fab Friday Feature posts! If you are new to my blog, these Fab Friday blog entries are essentially posts talking about my most loved and all time favorite products. This Hourglass Primer is by-far the best primer I have ever tried, and I am seriously so impressed by the difference it makes.

Product Rundown 

Price: $52.00 USD (1.0 fl oz)

This primer is formulated to minimize shine, prevent foundation fading, minimize the appearance of pores, soften the look of fine lines/wrinkles, and create a smooth canvas for foundation application. It has a satin finish. It is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, and phthalates. The primer is gluten-free and vegan. It is water-resistant and has SPF 15. The product is designed for all skin types.


My Thoughts 

This is my holy grail primer, and honestly, I can't imagine loving any other primer as much as I love this one. It seriously makes your skin feel like the softest silk on the planet. A lot of primers I've tried have felt heavy or somewhat greasy on the skin, but this is pretty much the exact opposite of that. It is so lightweight and melts into the skin so quickly. It is great for every skin type or any skin issue. It smooths over dry skin and acne breakouts so that the foundation can slide over those areas flawlessly. It absorbs oil for those with super oily skin and allows for your foundation to last much longer. It is water-resistant which is great for the warm summer months. On its own, it begins to blur imperfections and fade redness. I love that it has SPF, since many of my favorite foundations do not have sun protection. It is also a huge bonus that it is free of all the things listed above and that it is fragrance free. I also have to give points for packaging. I love the frosted glass bottle and especially love that it has a pump.

I do have to address the one negative thing about this product, and that of course is the price. I originally tried this out as a sample and nearly fainted when I saw the price. However, after using it for months and months now, it is totally worth it. The tiniest bit of this product goes a long way and a full bottle of this stuff lasts a really long time. You definitely don't need a full pump of the product to cover your entire face and you can use even less if you apply only to the areas you really need it. In my opinion, the cost is justifiable, but it is definitely a 'luxury' or 'splurge' product.

I definitely will be repurchasing this for years to come and if you are on the hunt for a good primer, this may be one of the best out there!



xoxo,
Paige
 

No comments:

Post a Comment