Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo

One of my major hair struggles is oiliness. I can hardly go a day without washing and if I do, I end up looking like a greasy mess, which we can all agree isn't the cutest look. Dry shampoos have been a life-saver for me! I have been taking this Dove dry shampoo for a test drive for the past few months and want to share with all of you my thoughts on this product!

Product Rundown

Price: $3.00-5.00 USD

The product is marketed to absorb oil betwee washes and to also add volume/texture to your hair. To use, you are supposed to hold 8-10 inches from head and spray on roots of hair. Rub it in and then brush out. The product is 5 ounces.

My Thoughts

This dry shampoo does a great job of absorbing oil and does make your look fresh and clean. I have dark brown, almost black hair and I was really impressed that this dry shampoo did not leave a white cast on my hair after I brushed it out. The price is also fantastic, especially for how much product you get. It gave my hair great volume and texture as well. However, I have one HUGE problem with this dry shampoo. The smell is terrible in my opinion! It is a very strong, overpowering scent, and it reminds me of old lady perfume. I just couldn't stand it after awhile. Plus, the smell also lingers and it completely masked any perfume I wanted to wear. I am so sad that the scent is this strong, because otherwise, this is a perfect dry shampoo. If the scent were to change, I would buy this again and again. But until then, I could not see myself repurchasing this!

Thanks so much for reading!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment