Saturday, August 3, 2013

July Favorites: Beauty + Random

Helllloooo August! Summer is going to be over so soon & I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT. Where is this year going, seriously? Time seems to be moving in fast forward here lately. But alas, July has come and gone, and with a new month comes a new batch of favorite beauty products. There's a lot to get through so I'll just jump right in...

1.  Makeup Forever HD Foundation + Clinque Superbalanced Makeup

This month I experimented with my foundation routine and after some trial and error, I landed on this fantastic combo. The Makeup Forever HD (N117) is currently a little light for my skin tone so I apply this just to the center of my face- cheeks, middle forehead, down nose, and middle of chin. This really helps to highlight those areas. I then apply the Clinque Superbalanced Makeup (full post on this product here) on the outer perimeter of my face because it's is slightly darker (28 Light N). This technique of application gives lots of dimension to my face, and doesn't created that super flat foundation look. Both these foundation give good coverage and have similar natural finishes.

2. L'Oreal MAGICLUMI Concealer
 

This is by far my favorite highlighting concealer I've tried from the drugstore. I use this pretty much everyday under my eyes, and drag it down in a v-shape onto my cheeks. This highlights the center on my face so nicely. The thing I love most is that it actually gives some converage, whereas other highlighting concealer pens from the drugstore haven't really given me that coverage I need. This product highlights but also conceals dark circles, and I love it!

3. Aquilillies for Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette

This is my current go-to palette. I am in love with this! The 6 eyeshadows are so buttery soft, and the pigmentation is glorious. I always prefer matte shadows in the crease and love that this palette has both dark and light brown matte shadows. I love that blue eyeshadow as well; it's great for adding a pop of color in the summertime. It comes with the a full size amazonian clay blush in this gorgeous coral/peach matte shade. It also includes their champagne highlighter and Park Avenue Princess bronzer, both of which I love. I could go on and on about this palette, so my next post will be a full review on this including swatches!

4. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flamingo

I bought this blush last summer but have recently rediscovered it in my collection and fell absolutely in love with it again. The texture of these blushes is so luxurious...super soft, creamy, and blendable. If I did not know it, I would honestly think this was a high-end blush. I love the color as well. It looks a little bright and scary, but it blends out so well on the cheeks and adds such a nice barbie-pink flush to the cheeks.

5. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in I Pink You're Cute

This has quickly become my new favorite pink lipstick! It is such a flattering pink that would look good on a variety of skin tones. It's one of those lipsticks that looks different on everyone, depending on the person's skin tone and natural lip color. L'Oreal recently released their Colour Me Pink lipstick/lip gloss collection and I seriously ran out to get this particular shade. I hope they make it a permanent color because I would definitely repurchase. The formula of the Colour Riche lipsticks is really nice...moisturizing and smooth. The only thing I dislike is about these lipsticks is their smell. They have such a strong baby powder scent, which I kind of hate. But the good thing is that the smell doesn't linger, so I can overlook it.

6. Essie Boom Boom Room

I guess I've been really into pink this month, but holy crap, how could you not love this color? I would describe it as an vibrant, almost-neon barbie pink. I have reapplying this color like crazy on my nails and my toes. It's the perfect pink for summer!

7. Coach Poppy

I've been wearing this fragrance pretty much all month. It's fresh and floral. I like that it's a light fragrance but it still lingers and stays smelling nice throughout the day. I always forget to put on perfume, so I like carrying this rollerball in my purse so I can just put it on while I'm out and about. The notes in the perfume are jasmine, gardenia, fresh cucumber, and candied rose petals. Oooh-la-la.


Random Favorites

I thought this month I'd switch it up and just add in a few non-beauty favorites. Music is one of the major loves of my life and I love to share it with others, so I thought I'd include a few songs that have been on repeat this month as well as a TV show I've been addicted to this month!

Music

1. Artist: Lorde // Song: Tennis Court (if you love Lana Del Rey, you'll love this!)
2. Artist: The Neighborhood // Song: Afraid (love the whole album!)
3. Artist: Selena Gomez // Song: Stars Dance (never was a fan of her music, but kinda impressed 
                                                                          by this album; this is my fave song on it)
4. Artist: JAY-Z ft. Frank Ocean // Song: Oceans (LOVVVVVE, whole album is great)
5. Artist: City and Colour // Song: Two Coins (favorite band of the moment, album is amazing)
6. Artist: City and Colour // Song: Death's Song (lyrically amazing, as are all the songs on the album)

TV Show
I have loved Bones for a long time and have recently purchased the 8th season on iTunes. If you haven't seen it, you can click here for a better description than I could ever give lol. I am about to watch the season finale right after I through with this post, and I am so excited. I am a huge nerd and the characters and the science component of this show are just right up my alley. The show is just so well done! This 8th season is the BEST season out of them all. I'm addicted!

Woooo. That was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing it. I thank you so much if you got all the way through that lengthy list of favorites! I hope you have a fabulously amazing August!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment