Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Aqualillies for Tarte Waterproof Eye & Cheek Palette: Review + Swatches

I'm such a sucker for palettes, and when I was grazing Sephora a couple of months ago, my eye caught sight of this gorgeous new Tarte palette & I couldn't resist! I love Tarte products, so I had some high hopes for this palette and I definitely was not disappointed. I included this in my July Favorites, which you can read here, but I thought a product this good deserved it's very own post dedicated to how awesome it is!



Product Rundown

Price: $38.00

The palette is limited-edition and comes with 6 new eye shadows, Champagne highlighter, Park Ave Princess bronzer, and a limited-edition full-size Amazonian clay blush. The palette includes all waterproof products, so it's perfect for summer! All products are marketed to last up to 12 hours.


My Thoughts

I have been reaching for this palette all summer. It is everything I need for a quick summer look. The eye shadows are so buttery smooth and richly pigmented. I love the light matte brown shade for the crease to add subtle definition and depth to my eyes. I like to add a little of the matte dark brown to the outer corner if I want a more dramatic look. I love using the blue across the lid for a pop of color! All the shimmery shades are lovely and look great across the lid, on the brow bone, and on the inner corner.

The champagne highlighter gives you a gorgeous summer glow. It's such a nice shade to highlight the cheek bones! I adore the Park Ave Princess bronzer. It's completely matte and it blends out so well. It's such a nice bronzer for a natural contour under the cheekbones. I love the Amazonian clay blush as well. It is the most long-wearing blush I've ever worn and I love the color. It would flatter any skin tone and it's perfect for everyday.

I have worn all these products through the summer heat and sweat and in my opinion, they are waterproof. I really think that this is the perfect summer palette, but I also think that this palette will be useful all year. All the products are amazing and so high-quality. It's also a good deal as far as high-end products. A full-size Amazonian clay blush on its own is around $30, so for $8 more you are getting 6 eye shadows, a highlighter, and a bronzer! I can't say enough good things about this palette and would definitely recommend it.

Lots of love,
Paige

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful. I have yet to try anything by tarte.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete