Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Quick Review + FOTD: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette!

I have been raving about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette ever since I picked it up a few months ago. I am so obsessed with this palette and I thought it deserved it's very own post! Since I have talked about it here on my blog before, I wanted to give just a quick review of the palette, some swatches, and then show you a really easy look you can achieve with this palette! Hope you enjoy :)



Review

Price: $49.00 USD 
The way in which they laid out this palette and the colors they chose are perfection. There are 16 shades total and I love that there is a really good mix of mattes and shimmers. I love all the neutral shades in this palette, but I'm super happy they added in some color as well. There is a nice pink shade, a purple, some maroons, and an olive shade. The matte browns in the palette are so blendable and smooth. They apply so nicely and if you are in need of some really nice matte browns for your collection, I highly recommend these! All the shades are super pigmented. I love that there is a matte and shimmery highlight to choose from. This palette just has it all. And the best part? They used real cocoa powder in these shadows so the whole palette smells like chocolate!

If you are a beginner to makeup and you need to start building your eyeshadow collection, this would be a fantastic palette to start with. And if you are a makeup addict like me, I definitely recommend getting your hands on this! You will love it.


FOTD

1. Face Products

I'm just going to breeze through the products I used on my face and then really focus on the eyeshadow look I created.
2. Eyeshadow!

First, I primed my eyes with the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.  I also filled in my brows with the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Soft Brown. The look I created is a super simple daytime smoky eye that anyone could pull off. Here are the steps I took...

1. White Chocolate: I used this shade all over... from lid to brow bone. This was my base shadow.
2. Salted Caramel: This is a gorgeous warm-toned soft brown. It is such a perfect transition/blending color. I applied this all over the lid and also buffed it into the crease. I buffed it onto my lower lash line as well.
3. Milk Chocolate and Semi-Sweet: I combined these two shades and blended them into the outer v of my eye and buffed them up into the crease slightly. I then buffed these onto the lower lash line.
4. Marzipan: I applied this to the inner corner for a subtle highlight. 
5. Gilded Ganache: This is one of my favorite shades in the palette. It is a gorgeous olive-y green/brown color with golden shimmer in it. I applied with with an angled brush along my upper lash line to use as a liner. I also applied it to the outer 1/3 of my lower lash line.
I forgot to show what mascara I used. I just applied two coats of Benefit's They're Real Mascara.

3. Lips

For lips, I applied this really pretty peachy pink shade. This is the Maybelline Color Whisper in "Pin up Peach".


I hope you enjoyed this look and found this review helpful. Have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment