Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Beauty Favorites!

Did May even happen? I feel like I blinked and suddenly it's June and summer is upon us. Even though this month traveled at lighting speed; I had an amazing May and I tried several new beauty products that I have fallen in LOVE with! Without any more blabbering, here are my May Beauty Favorites...




1. NARS Contour Blush in "Paloma"

This product is just lajsdlkajsklghhdglhadg. SO PERFECT. My quest for the perfect contour powder has finally led me to this stunning NARS Contour Blush. The color is just the right shade to create a natural looking shadow which sculpts the face beautifully. It is a matte, light to medium brown with rosy undertones. The powder itself is super finely milled, smooth, and super blendable. I am obsessed to say the least.

2. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Why have I waited this long to try out this concealer? This is the BEST concealer I have ever used. It is super high coverage, but it is thin in consistency and blends out nicely. This product has reached holy grail status in my makeup collection and I can't imagine liking anything better. I love this for covering up under eye circles, but it is also fantastic for covering up blemishes and hyperpigmentation.

3. Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter

I have had this product for a while now, but within the past couple of months, I have been using it like crazy. I love this as a cheek bone highlight, but also as an eyeshadow. It is one of the most stunning highlight powders I have ever used. It is golden in tone, but it's not too gold, which I think is super important for fair skin tones to be able to pull this highlight off. I am getting tanner with the summer months coming up, but this has always been flattering on me no matter how pale I am.

4. Bite Beauty Lipstick in "Centifolia"

This is the ONLY lipstick I have been wearing since I picked this up a few weeks ago. It is such a perfect shade for Spring and Summer. It's the perfect mix of rose, coral, and peach and it is so flattering on so many skin tones! The formula is super smooth and pigmented. I am super impressed with this lipstick. This shade is part of their "Deconstructed Rose" collection and it is limited edition.

5. CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation

I've struggled finding a drugstore foundation that I really, really love. There are some that I like and don't mind using from time to time. But I've never found one that I'm obsessed with. I am super excited to say that I have finally found the drugstore foundation that I LOVE. It is lightweight, light to medium coverage, and so easy to blend into the skin. It is perfect for my normal to dry skin and I love the finish. It is a very natural finish that looks very skin-like. I love this and I highly recommend giving it a try!

6. MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"

This is my new favorite eye primer/base. Before, I was using the Urban Decay Primer Potion, and although I do like that one, this paint pot blows it out of the water. It is the perfect base for shadow. It covers up any discoloration or veining on the lids, and it prevents any creasing. It provides a great blank canvas to add shadow to, and it allows any eye shadows to apply more pigmented. I really love this as a base!

7. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

I have always passed over these blushes at the drugstore for some reason. But this month, I decided to give them a try and I LOVE them. These are cream blushes and they are stunning. They blend out so easily and they have nice pigmentation. These two shades are Peach Satin (20) and Coffee Cake (60). I especially love the Coffee Cake shade.

 
Best. Lip. Treatment. Ever. This is super hydrating and keeps my lips feeling soft and smooth. I am very prone to dry lips and this has been a life saver. The product is thick and rich and stays on your lips for a very long time. It smells and tastes like agave, which is amazing. I even love wearing this on its own on natural or no makeup days. It makes your lips look smooth, gorgeous, and slightly shiny. I highly recommend this product! It's definitely worth the splurge!

I hope you enjoyed this monthly favorites and found some great products that you want to try! I apologize for the lack of posts this month. I'm definitely going to be posting more in the month of June. Follow my blog so you don't miss any of those!! Have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige


2 comments:

  1. Hey Paige, I have just nominated you for a Liebster award! I hope you are excited because I was to nominate you! Check out all the rules and everything here. http://aoifemarie98.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/liebster-award-aoifemarie98/

    ReplyDelete