Saturday, May 24, 2014

NYC Beauty Haul + First Impressions!

My mom and I traveled to New York City about a week ago, and girllllll, you know I did some makeup shopping while I was there! I didn't go too crazy, but I'm super excited about all the things I picked up. I have been trying some of the products this past week and half. Sooo I also have my first impressions to share! Before we get to the haul, can we take a quick moment to appreciate how gorgeous Central Park is?....




1. NARS Contour Blush in "Paloma"

These "contour blushes" are brand new products from NARS and I knew I had to try one out! All the shades are matte and the lighter shades are rosy in undertone. This product is my newest obsession! I'm completely in love. The powder is extremely soft and blendable. I find that this creates the most gorgeous, natural looking contour. You can adjust the intensity you want as well... from a dramatic contour to something that's very natural. The highlight is matte and can be used to set under eye concealer and also to highlight the face! It's a gorgeous brow bone highlight. The contour shade is also stunning as an eyeshadow buffed into the crease. I can't say enough good things about this product!

2. NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder

I had stopped using all over setting powders for a while. With my dryer skin, I found that all the powders I owned made my makeup look cakey. However, with the weather warming up, my foundation has been fading much quicker. I decided to invest in a good translucent powder and see how my skin reacted. So far, I am loving this! It prolongs my foundation's wear, but it doesn't look cakey! I'm really, really liking this!

3. Bite Beauty Deconstructed Rose Lipstick in "Centifolia"

Bite Beauty came out with this "Deconstructed Rose" collection of lipsticks that mimic the colors of roses. I've been really wanting to try out a Bite Beauty lipstick and this one caught my eye. It's a peachy-rose shade and it is stunning! Perfect for spring and summer! This lipstick is super pigmented and extremely smooth on the lips. It's quite a thin formula and definitely has a shine to it. I love that Bite Beauty uses food grade ingredients in their lipsticks. I am loving this and I want to pick up some more lipsticks from the brand!

4. Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in "Dark Brown"

These brow pomades were recently released from Anastasia and I've heard awesome things about them. I haven't tried this out yet, but once I do, I will definitely update you!

5. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

I have been dying to try this concealer! So many people rave about this and I knew I had to give it a go. I have been using this nonstop and I am super impressed. The coverage is better then any concealer I have ever tried and it's thin and blendable in texture. I love this for covering up my under eye circles. It is long wearing and it doesn't crease.

6. MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"

I have been using the Urban Decay Primer Potion for years to prime my eyes and I figured it was time to try something new! Tons of people love the MAC Paint Pots for priming, so I decided to give them a try. Painterly is a skin tone shade with pinky undertones. It is the perfect eyeshadow base. It covers up any discoloration or veining on the eyelids and gives you an even, smooth base for shadow. I am in love!

7. MAC Blue-Brown Pigment

This pigment is sooooo stunning. It's one of the coolest pigments I've ever seen! I've seen this featured in several tutorials and knew I had to have it. MAC recently released these mini sized pigments, which are perfect! The full sized pigments are HUGE and impossible to fully use up. These smaller ones are the perfect size and cheaper, of course. I have to do a FOTD post using this very soon!!

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my purchases from my trip to NYC! I had so much fun and I can't wait to go back!!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment