Friday, March 21, 2014

FOTD: Mermaid-Inspired Eyes + Pink Lips!

Spring has officially begun and with this fresh new season, I have been super inspired to change up my makeup to coordinate with the changing weather. I found an awesome Maybelline eyeshadow palette and I could not wait to create a look with it. The palette is composed of gorgeous aqua and mint shades that just feel oh-so-mermaid-esque. This look is perfect for Spring and would also be an awesome Prom look, if the colors coordinate with your dress!


1. Foundation + Concealer

For foundation, I buffed Make Up For Ever HD foundation all over my face. For blemishes, I dabbed on the NYX HD Concealer and blended it out. For under the eyes, I used my much loved Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser.

2. Setting Spray + Powder

To set my under eye concealer, I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in "Diffused Light". This just adds more brightness to that area! To set my entire face, I used the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray.

3. Blush + Bronzer

I contoured and bronzed the face with NARS Laguna. Since I was going with some crazy colors on the eyes, I wanted a fairly natural blush shade. I chose to go with the Benefit Rockateur boxed blush. I also filled in my brows with the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil at this step!


4. Eye Shadow

Step 1

With super colorful eye shadows, this is the way I start 99.9% of the time. First, I use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk". Having a white base makes all the colorful eye shadows apply true to color and they show up much more vibrant. Since the jumbo eye pencils tend to crease really bad, I always set them with a shadow. Any light colored shadow will do. I just went with the Wet n' Wild single shadow in "Brulee".

I always want to have a transition shade when I'm working with bright shadows. This makes everything blend better and creates a better gradient effect when everything is blended. It also prevents the look from turning into crazy clown makeup. My all-time favorite shadow to use for this is MAC Soft Brown!

Step 2


First off, this quad is STUNNNNING! This is the Maybelline EyeStudio Quad in "Gusty Green".  The shadows are super pigmented and soft. They blend like a dream! Had I not known, I would have thought these were high-end shadows! Such an amazing drugstore palette! Here's how I applied them:

1. I applied this all over the lid with a flat shader brush.
2. I took a precise blending/crease brush and applied this directly in the crease for intense definition.
3. I used this shade on the outer 1/3 of the lid and blended up into the outer corner.
4. I applied this on the inner corner. 


5. Liner + Mascara

I used the Maybelline Gel Liner in "Blackest Black" to wing out my liner. For mascara, I applied two coats of the YSL Babydoll mascara to my top and bottom lashes.


6. Lips!

I finished everything off with the gorgeous YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in shade #1.




I hope you enjoyed this super fun bright, mermaid inspired eye look! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment