Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February Favorites: Beauty + Random

Happy March! I had a fantastic February, but I have to say I'm glad it's over. I need winter to finally be over so I can happily enjoy some spring weather! Over the course of the month, I didn't try out a ton of new products but I still wanted to share with you guys a few things I've been loving. I also have some TV Show and Music favorites that I've been obsessed with that I really want to share also! Hope you enjoy!!

1. Real Techniques Contour Brush

I am OBSESSED with this brush. This has been giving me the absolute perfect contour! The brush is super soft to begin with. It is the perfect size for getting into the hollows of my cheeks and it is the perfect density, meaning it applies the perfect amount of product...not too much and not to little to where you have to keep building the color up forever and ever. I adore this brush and I highly recommend it!

2. Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Inked in Pink"

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos in general. They are one of the best products at the drugstore in my opinion, and you can read a full post I did on them here. I picked up this particular pink shade this month when I did my Valentine's Day Makeup post, which you can read here. I have been loving it ever since I used it for that post. It is a perfect base for any eyeshadow look you create with the Naked 3 palette. It plays so well with all the rosy shades of that palette!

3. Wet n' Wild Shadow in "Creme Brulee"

This is such an amazing drugstore find. Wet n' Wild have amazing eye shadows for the price and I am obsessed with this single shadow. It is the perfect off-white matte highlight shade. It looks so good on the brow bone! The shadow is super buttery and pigmented. I have been using the crap out of this since I picked it up!

4. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

I owned this mascara several months ago and loved it. When I used it up, I was trying a ton of new mascaras so I didn't repurchase it and holy moly, I forgot how good it was! I got this sample from Sephora and have constantly been reaching for it since. It thickens the lashes so well. I have a full review of this, which you can read here.

5. ELF Eyebrow Kit

This is the best drugstore brow product I have ever used! The kit comes with a brow powder, a tinted waxy type product, and a small brush that I never really use. I have used the brow powder on its own, the wax on its own, and the two mixed together and I loved the way each of them looked. My favorite is definitely the tinted wax. It's super quick and easy and it hold your brows in place! You do have to be a little careful though because it can be easy to go overboard since the powder and wax are both very pigmented! If you do use this or purchase this, then definitely build up the color slowly!

6. Maybelline "The Buffs" Lipstick in "Nude Lust"

Maybelline recently launch this line of nude lipsticks which they named "The Buffs". I couldn't wait to pick up a few shades! This "Nude Lust" shade is my favorite thus far. It is a really flattering nude on my skin tone. It's a pretty true nude shade, but it does have some pinky undertones. It is slighlty more pink in person than it appears in the swatch. This has been my go-to nude recently!

Random

TV
1. The Following
So obsessed!! The first season of the show is already on Netflix and the second is on TV now. It is a super interesting psychological thriller that centers around FBI Agent Ryan Hardy and insane writer and serial killer Joe Carrol. This is a must-watch show!

2. Teen Wolf

I have watched Teen Wolf from the beginning, but this new season is on a next level! The plot of this season is addictive and I can't wait to watch every Monday. If you love shows like the Vampire Diaries, then you will love this. The first few seasons are on Netflix! I'm pretty much in lovvvve with Stiles :)

Music
1. Arctic Monkeys- AM

Now that I finally listened to this whole album, I am obsessssssed!

Thanks so much for reading. I am so excited that it is March and that Spring is finally on its way! I hope you have a fantastic day!!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment