Friday, March 14, 2014

FOTD: Spring Eyes + Nude Lips

I am craving Spring Time. I need warmer weather, sunnier days, and blooming flowers. Winter is still kind of lingering around where I live; so to cheer myself up, I decided to play around with some spring makeup! I went with super fun colors on the eyes and a easy, effortless nude lip. Hope you enjoy!



1. Foundation + Concealer

I am obsessssed with this YSL BB Cream. It's definitely the BEST I've tried yet. It is literally the only thing I've been wearing on my face for the last couple of months. To cover up blemishes, I used the NYX HD concealer which is an amazing, amazing affordable concealer. For under the eyes, I went with my trusty Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser.

2. Set foundation/concealer

To set my under eye concealer and brighten that area, I used my all time fave Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. To set the rest of my face makeup, I used the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray.



3. Bronzer + Blush

 To contour and bronze, I applied NARS Laguna, per usual. For blush, I used blush that's starred in the photo above from this NARS Foreplay Cheek Palette. The shade is "Orgasm". I actually found this palette at Nordstrom Rack reduced from $50 to $35, which was a total score. It was a limited edition product so I'm not too sure where you can find it.


5. Eye Shadow!!

Step 1...

Since I was going to be using brighter colors, I wanted to use a white base so that everything would pop more! I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk over my entire eye, from lid to brow bone. These jumbo eye pencils crease like crazy on me, so I definitely recommend setting it with some sort of powder. I used Wet n' Wild single shadow in "Brulee" to do this. This shadow was discontinued so use any light matte shadow you have in your collection. Adding this shadow also allows for everything to blend more smoothly.

For any bright colored eye looks to come off nicely, I think it is 100% necessary to start with a light brown shade buffed all through the crease. This helps blending and prevents everything from looking like clown makeup. I used MAC Soft Brown for this step. I buffed this through the crease with a large fluffy crease brush. I like to take my time blending this and I want to look super diffused and soft.

Step 2...

I saw this "Luminous Lilacs" Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad at the drugstore and immediately fell in love with the color combo. This was my first time using the quad, and though I was able create a pretty look, I am overall disappointed in it. The color pigmentation just isn't there, especially with that peachy pink shade that I used over my lid. I actually had to take the blush I used, NARS Orgasm, to replace that color because it had zero pigmentation. BUT I still like the look I created with this even though the pigmentation wasn't great.

First, I took, in replacement of the pinky peach shade in this quad, NARS Orgasm blush and applied it all over the lid. Next, I took the shimmery green shadow and applied it directly into the crease with a more precise crease brush. I blended that absolutely gorgeous purple shade in the outer corner and the outer 1/3 of the crease. I also blended the purple and green shades on the lower lash line! I took a clean blending brush and blended everything out. I took the shimmery white shade and applied it into the inner color. Be careful with this shade though. It is the a little chunky so you may have fallout and it is fairly pigmented so you can apply too much.



6. Liner + Mascara

To finish off the eyes, I applied Maybelline Gel Liner in "Blackest Black" along the upper lash line and winged it out. For mascara, I went with my favorite YSL Babydoll Mascara.


7. Lips

For lips, I used the Maybelline Color Elixir in "Nude Illusion".

And DONE!

So all I have left to say is HURRY UP SPRING! Me and my makeup are ready for your arrival. I hope you enjoyed this look and I hope you have an amazing day!!

xoxo,
Paige

2 comments:

  1. I love that color on your eyes! This is a great look for spring!

    http://www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete