Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

A few days ago, I reviewed the Revlon Photoready BB Cream and was not so impressed. That said, all BB creams are not created equally and this Smashbox BB Cream does happen to impress me! I picked up this product several months ago and have been LOVING it!

Product Rundown

Price: $39.00 USD

The BB cream comes in 7 shades. It is marketed as a 5-in-1 BB cream that primes, perfects, protects, hydrates, and controls oil. It has SPF 35. You can wear this alone or under foundation.



My Thoughts

This is by far the best BB cream that I've tried. The product feels super smooth and pleasant going on, similar to a heavier moisturizer. It makes your skin feel smooth, hydrated, and soft. Once it sets, it feels so light and like you're not wearing anything at all. It gives good coverage for a BB cream, enough to even my skin tone and blur any problem areas. I would say it's light/medium coverage. The finish is dewy, and I like to set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. It looks like my skin but better. The product does control oil well. I am so impressed by it's lasting power. At the end of the day, it still looks nice! This is my perfect face product for the day-to-day basis when I'm running errands or going to classes, etc. My only complaint about this product is the price! I think it is too pricey, but I still love it and will repurchase it. I just love the way it makes my skin look and LOVE that it has SPF 35 to protect my skin.

Excuse my tired eyes in the first before photo, I just woke up! But as you can see from the photo, the BB cream evened my skin tone and gave me fairly decent coverage. My favorite way to apply is using a Beautyblender or other cosmetic sponge.

Hope you enjoyed this review, and have a fabulous day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment