Saturday, December 21, 2013

FOTD: Classic Holiday Makeup

Christmas time brings out the festive side in me. I love going all out with decorations, gift giving, baking, and the occasional ugly Christmas sweater. I like keeping things traditional this time of year and I adore a classic holiday makeup look with sparkly eyes, winged liner, and a bold red lip! I hope you enjoy this classic look I created! Oh, and you'll have to excuse my somewhat puffy face. I've been sick recently and my face has been looking abnormally puffy!


1. Primer + Foundation
First, like always, I primed with the Hourglass Veil Mineral primer to smooth my skin and help my foundation last all day. Next, I applied the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and buffed that in with a flat top kabuki brush. This foundation is really nice when you are going to be taking lots of photos.

2. Concealer + Setting Powder/Spray
I applied L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer under my eyes to brighten and conceal that area and set it with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder. I covered up any hyperpigmentation and acne spots with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Corrector. I finished by setting all of my face makeup with the Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup setting spray (seriously love this stuff!).

3. Eyeshadow

For these simple classic holiday eyes, I used the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette which is absolutely perfect for this look.
Steps
1. white matte: inner corner + highlight brow bone
2. glitter: all across lid; applied with my finger for greatest color payoff
3. matte light brown: buffed all through the crease + lower lash line
4. shimmery bronze: outer lid, slightly buffed into crease + lower lash line

 (swatch of glitter shade, placed on lid)

4. Liner + Mascara
On the upper lash line, I used the Maybelline Gel Liner in "Blackest Black" and winged it out. For mascara, I applied two coats of the CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume in "Very Black" on my upper and lower lashes.


5. Blush + Bronzer + Highlighter
To contour and bronze the face, I used NARS Laguna, per usual. I dusted Benefit "Rocketeur" blush on the apples of my cheeks (obessssed with this blush at the moment). To highlight, I placed Dior "Amber Diamond" on the tops of the cheekbones and on the cupid's bow. This highlighter is on the pricier side of life but it is THE most gorgeous highlight I have ever used.

6. Lips!
I am not a huge red lip girl, but for the holidays, I love, love, love it. This may be my favorite red lip combo ever! I first lined my lips with the NYX Lip Liner in "Red", which is a great universal red lip liner for many different red lipsticks. Then I used the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in "Icon". This is my first time trying this product and I am in love. It's a liquid lipstick that dries matte. It stains your lips so it lasts for a really long time. As soon as it dries, it does not transfer whatsoever, which is amazing. This color is really flattering; it is a blue-based red that makes your teeth look nice and white! 

And done...
xoxo, 
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment