Saturday, December 14, 2013

FOTD: Romantic Rose Gold

I am the first to admit that I have fallen victim to the ever-so-popular Rose Gold trend in makeup, clothes, nails- pretty much everything. Rose Gold is so flattering on so many skin tones and is gorgeous for any holiday-esque makeup look. I played around with rose golds for this soft and romantic FOTD. Hope you enjoy!


1. Primer + Foundation

First, I primed my face with my all time favorite Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This smooths out the skin and allows for a very even application of foundation and it also prolongs the wear of foundation. I am a big fan of priming before any and every foundation...it makes such a huge difference! For foundation, I decided to try out the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. I purchased this product a few months ago and I've never really used it so I decided to test it out with this look. Unfortunately, I'm not really loving it. It looks good in photos, but in person, it clung to any dry spots on my face and it was not very flattering. I will do a full review of this to further explain my issues with this foundation.

2. Concealer

For concealer, I went with two trusty favorites. I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser for under my eyes to cover up my dark circles and then I used Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser to cover up any hyperpigmentation and redness. I set my under eye concealer with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I set the rest of my face with the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray.

3. Eye Shadow

For the eyes, I started with the L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in "Amber Rush", which is the most gorgeous rose gold shade and is the shadow swatched above. I applied this with my finger for the most color payoff and placed it all across the lid. For the crease, I wanted a medium pink shade that would play up the rosiness of the look so I used this Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in "Exposed" on a big fluffy crease brush and buffed it all through the crease. Next, I took MAC "Soft Brown" eye shadow and placed it more precisely into the crease to add depth to the eye. Even more percisely, I took "Tease" from the Naked 2 palette on a pencil brush and placed it right into the crease of the eye. I then took a clean blending brush and blended everything out. Lastly, I took "Bootycall" from the Naked 2 and placed it on the brow bone and inner corner to highlight those areas. I also placed "Tease" along the lower lash line.

4. Liner + Mascara

To finish the eyes, I lined the upper lash line with the Maybelline Define-A-Line liner in "Brownish Black" and smudged it out with a angled brush for a softer effect. I then applied two coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume in "Very Black" on the top and bottom lashes. I filled in my eyebrows with the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in "Soft Brown".


5. Blush + Bronzer

For the cheeks, I contoured and bronzed up the face using Nars "Laguna" and also applied Benefit "Rocketeur" which is a perfect rose gold blush for this look.

6. Lips
To finish off the entire face, I chose to go with a nude lip, but the rose gold eyes would look beautiful with many different lip colors. This nude shade is the Maybelline Elixir in "Nude Illusion". 


The finished look...


xoxo,
Paige

3 comments:

  1. Pretty look! I've been eyeing Amber Rush for quite some time and may have to snatch it up the next time I see it rather than passing it by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! it's SUCH a gorgeous shadow...definitely recommend!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I've nominated you for Liebster Blog Award. Check it out here http://jaybeejournal.blogspot.com/2013/12/nominated-for-liebstar-award.html#.UrrFs9K-rXA

    ReplyDelete