Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Year's Eve Makeup!

While I still can't quite get my brain to comprehend that 2013 is coming to it's end, I am still so excited to ring in 2014! New Year's Eve is my favorite excuse to go big, loud, and glittery with my makeup. This year I am going with a classic look... silver glittery lids, dark black outer corner, and nude lips! I'll mention all my face products and then I'll take a more tutorial approach to the eyes and show you how exactly how I did them. Hope you enjoy!


1. Primer + Foundaton
My favorite foundation to use when I know I am going to take a ton of pictures is the Make Up Forever HD Foundation! I always prime with the Hourglass Veil Mineral primer; it will ensure my makeup lasts all night long.

2. Concealer
I covered up any blemishes with the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer and then went under the eyes with L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer, which really brightens the under eye.

3. Finishing Powder
I set my entire face with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in "Diffused Light". This gave my face a soft glowy finish. I also did spritz my face with the Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray to prolong the wear of my foundation even longer.

4. Contour/Bronze + Blush
Since I was going all out with this look, I used NARS Laguna and went pretty intense with my contour. For blush, I chose this pretty pink Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in "Exposed". I love this blush for long nights because it doesn't fade. At this step I also filled in my brows!

5. Lips!
With such dramatic eyes, I definitely wanted a nude-pink lip. MAC Creme Cup is one of my favorites!



EYES!

Step 1

First, I primed my entire eye with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Barely Branded", which is just a champagne cream shadow. Next, I applied some tape to the outer portion of my eye (following the lower lash line). This will create a clean edge for the shadow.

Step 2

For this step, I added the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in "Liquid Diamond". These shadows are essentially pressed pigments and they have really gorgeous color payoff. For the best pigmentation, I applied this with my finger.

Step 3

For a transition/blending shade, I applied MAC Soft Brown all through the crease, up to the brow bone, with a big fluffy crease brush. This will help the darker shadows I apply after to blend more easily. It will also create a beautiful faded effect when I finish blending all the shadows.

Step 4

From the Urban Decay Naked 2, I first added the shade "Pistol" into the outer corner and into the crease. Then, I took "Blackout" and focused that on the outer corner. After, I took a clean blending brush and blended everything until I was content with how it looked. Finally, I added "Foxy" to the brow bone as a highlight and removed the tape. Don't worry about the harsh edge, once we add the winged liner it will look perfect.

Step 5

I created a cat-eye winged liner look with my favorite gel liner, the Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in "Blackest Black". I lined my upper and lower water line with the Maybelline Master Drama Liner in "Midnight Master" and coated my upper lashes with the CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara "Very Black" (accidentally forgot my poor lower lashes!). Finally I pumped up the glitter with the NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in "Crystal Silver" and added that all over the lid. I love this product because it has zero fallout and it lasts forever and doesn't flake off through the night!

Step 6

To take this to the next level, I applied these Ardell Glamour #150 lashes! I feel like lashes for New Year's Eve are a MUST!



Practicing this makeup look has me so excited for New Year's Eve! Have a fun and safe New Year's!!!

xoxo,
Paige

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous eye look! I'm thinking of doing something very similar!
    Wishing you a happy new year :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete