Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Makeup: Dewy Skin + Orange Lips (100% Drugstore!)

A huge makeup trend this spring season is bold and bright orange lips! I have been seeing this look everywhere and I've been super inspired to create my own version using this trend. I wanted to create something that was affordable and easy to do, so that everyone could replicate this fun and flirty makeup look. Enjoy!


1. Face Products

To create gorgeous dewy skin that is perfect for spring, these are the products I used! I started with an illuminating primer, the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer. Next, I applied the L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation. To cover up blemishes, I used the NYX HD Concealer. For under eye circles, I used the Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser. To set those liquid products, I used the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray which gives a gorgeous glowy finish to the skin.

2. Cheek Products
 
I bronzed up the face using the NYC Sunny Bronzer. This is an amazing drugstore matte bronzer that I highly recommend! For blush, I used my all-time favorite drugstore blush, which is the Milani Luminoso Baked Blush. For a highlight, I used the champagne shade from the ELF Golden Bronzer.

3. Eyeshadow
I wanted to use another product under my eyes, just to insure that the concealer did not crease throughout the day. For this, I used the ELF HD Undereye Setting Powder. For eyeshadow, I kept it super light and natural. I wanted my eyes to look very bright and awake. I first applied the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk". I concentrated this on the lid and brow bone. Next, I took the Maybelline "Chic Naturals" Eyeshadow Trio and applied the first shadow to my lid, brow bone, and inner corner. Next, I swept the second shade lightly through the crease for subtle definition.

4. Mascara and Brows 

To fill in my brows, I used the dark, waxy side of the ELF Eyebrow Kit and applied that with an angled brush. To finish off the eyes, I applied two coats of the CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara to my top and bottom lashes. 


5. Lips!

To create a super glossy and bold orange lip, I combined the Maybelline Vivids Lipstick in "Electric Orange" and the Maybelline Color Elixir in "Mandarin Rapture". For a more subtle orange lip, you could just use the Color Elixir!


xoxo,
Paige
 

3 comments:

  1. How did you feel about the ELF undereye powder??? I recently got it and wanted to try it out

    ReplyDelete