Sunday, June 16, 2013

Battle of the Bronzers: NARS Laguna vs. NYC Sunny

Up for battle today are two bronzers which have gotten a lot of hype here in the beauty community. NYC's Sunny Bronzer is a much talked about and loved drugstore bronzer, while NARS Laguna is a cult-favorite that has been reviewed in abundance. I have had both of these bronzers for a while now, so I thought it was time to give my 2 cents and show how I think these two bronzers stack up against each other.

NARS LAGUNA

Price: $36.00 USD


I love this bronzer. The color for me is so perfect. It really adds that sun-kissed natural bronze to my face. It is not orangy whatsoever; it's a very true tanned bronze shade. It is not completely matte; it does have some gold shimmer in it, but I personally like that. The texture is also very nice. Smooth, velvety, and not at all chalky. It blends out so nicely. I use this to contour when I want a more dramatic look and also just to add a natural bronze glow to my cheeks.

NYC Sunny

Price: $2.99 USD

Amazing bronzer for the price. The bronzer is completely matte which makes it great for contouring. However, for my personal skin tone, it did come off a little orange. Now, I am pretty pale and I have seen it on darker skin tones and it didn't come off so orange. It is more chalky and less-pigmented than the NARS Laguna, but it can be built up. The blendability again isn't as great as the NARS, but it isn't bad by any means. It definitely is a nice bronzer and so perfect for anybody on a budget!


 To sum it up.....



I think both bronzers are worth trying to see if they work for you. After using them both, I would probably only repurchase the NARS Laguna, but I would recommend NYC sunny to anyone who is looking for an affordable, drugstore bronzer.

Have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment