Monday, June 24, 2013

Goodbye Dry Lips: How to Keep Your Lips Soft & Smooth

My lips get dry SO EASILY. So I set out on a mission a few months ago to create a routine that keeps my lips soft and smooth. Using these tips I am able to maintain nice, smooth lips anytime of year!

1. STAY HYDRATED. This is the best tip I can give for preventing dry lips. Drinking plenty of water will to keep your lips more moisturized on an internal level.

2. EXFOLIATE. Exfoliating your lips will remove any dry, dead skin of the surface of your skin. This step instantly smooths your lips. Also, exfoliating brings more blood flow to your lips which plumps them and makes them look bigger, which is always a good thing! My favorite way to exfoliate is with LUSH Lip Scrubs. The one I am currently using is Bubblegum flavor, and it seriously smells and tastes just like bubblegum!

You can also make your own lip scrubs. You can find tons of recipes if you just google DIY lip scrub.

3. MOISTURIZE WITH A GOOD LIP BALM. Find a lip balm you love and use it religiously! I'm currently in love with all the eos lip balms. My favorite is the Pomegranate scent. Smells amazing!


4. USE MOISTURIZING LIP COLORS. Use more moisturizing lip products, especially if your recovering for severe dry lips. Lots of lipsticks can dry out your lips even more. My absolute favorite moisturizing lip products are the Revlon Lip Butters.


(from left to right: Sweet Tart, Tutti Frutti, Juicy Papaya)

Use these tips and your lips will stay silky smooth! Hooray smooth lips!

xoxo, 
Paige





 

No comments:

Post a Comment