Thursday, October 3, 2013

Drugstore Haul + Swatches

As a self-proclaimed make up addict, I can definitely attest to how amazing drugstore makeup is. There are so many lovely products and they are easy on the wallet. I am quite the frequent guest to the drugstore and every time I pop in, I can't help but pick up a few new makeup items. I'll go there for a toothbrush and come out with a handful of new products (whooopsie). I have collected a little stash of things over the past couple of weeks and thought I'd share and give some swatches. I'll be reviewing most of the products in the coming weeks, so follow my blog if you want to see those!

1. COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation (810- Classic Ivory)

So excited to play around with this. It's medium to full coverage and I love that it has SPF. I've tried this out once and wanted to give you a little forewarning in case you want to purchase... I recommend going a shade down because it does oxidize a little as it sets!

2. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (120- Vanilla)

I mentioned in my September Favorites that I was addicted to buying foundations, and you can clearly see that now *facepalm*. Nonetheless, I am super excited to give this one a go. It's supposed to be light coverage, and I prefer that one a day to day basis for going to class and such!

3. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 

I have heard SO MUCH about these Milani baked blushes and how gorgeous they are. I am kind of in love with this peachy shade with gold shimmer. This is a blush that can pretty much go with any look. Obsessed!



4. L'Oreal infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush

 HOW AMAZING IS THIS COLOR? It's like a super-pigmented and smooth rose gold. These shadows are fantastic quality and I must get some more shades. This color is gorgeous for the Fall. 
Holy amazing swatch. I definitely recommend applying this with your finger for the best color payoff.

5. Almay Liquid Lip Balm 

These are relatively new products at the drugstore and the idea of a liquid baln intrigued me. I will definitely put a review up soon! The coral shade is "apricot" and the pink is "blooming". 

6. Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop

By now, we are all very aware of my complete adoration of these Revlon Lip Butters. I just had to pick up another (sorry, not sorry). 

7. Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme (#26)

I love nude lipsticks and I love these Milani gold tube lipsticks, so naturally I gravitated towards this. These lip products smell so good too, kind of like watermelon candy. Yum!

8. Rimmel Show-offs

I have been wanting forever to get my hands on these. There are called "Apocalips" in the UK, which HELLO, is a WAY awesomer name (yes i know awesomer is not actually a word). These liquid lipsticks have been raved about and I finally found them at my drugstore! So far, I am loving them. The pigmentation is amazing. The names (from top to bottom) are Comet, Solstice, and Luna. 

9. Essie Nail Polish
As far as color selection, I think essie may win the title for the best at the drugstore. I picked these two gorgeous shades from the Fall 2013 Collection. The greenish blue-y gray is "vested interest'. The other is "for the twill of it" and it may be one of the prettiest polishes I own. It's a gunmetal/black shade with purple and green reflex in it. Amazing on the nails!

Drugstore makeup, I love you. I am super pleased with everything I picked up and will have reviews up shortly. Until then, I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment