Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers

Happy Monday! Mondays aren't my favorite but I thought I'd add a little spunk and cheer into my Monday by reviewing one of my favorite new lip products. You may have seen these Rimmel Show-Offs in my recent Drugstore Haul post and also in my Fall Favorite Lipsticks post. I wanted to do a full review of these products to tell you just why I love them so very much.

(top to bottom: Comet, Solstice, and Luna)

Product Rundown 

Price: $4.99 USD

These are marketed as lip products that have the pigmentation of a lipstick and the shine of a lip lacquer. The formula is supposed to be creamy and conditioning for comfortable long-lasting wear. They are called the Rimmel Apocalips in the UK (which is a way cooler name, by the way). 
(top to bottom: Comet, Solstice, and Luna)

My Thoughts

The pigmentation is better than I even would have expected. These apply like smooth, creamy, super-pigmented lip glosses, and then they set to a creamy, moisturizing lipstick consistency. They feel very nice on the lips and they do have a really nice shine to them so that a lip gloss over top is not needed. These lip products last fairly well throughout the day. If you eat or drink, they definitely would need to be touched up. The price is pretty darn good as well. Many drugstore lip products range between $8-$10.
 

Another thing that I really love about this product is the applicator. It's a doe foot applicator with a bit of a twist. It has a little divot on the one side that holds the product. It carries the perfect amount of product to cover your lips so that you don't have to keep dipping the applicator back into the tube. The applicator is also slightly tapered at the end which makes it super easy to get the thinner, corner edges of the lips. This applicator makes the product so easy and effortless to apply!  I had a little bit of a difficult time finding this product at any of my drugstores, but finally stumbled upon it at Walgreens. So check there if you haven't been able to get your hands on these!

I'm really loving these at the moment and can't wait to try out some more shades. I totally recommend this product and would definitely repurchase! Thanks for reading, and I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment