Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mom's Birthday Dinner FOTN!

We like to keep birthdays pretty simple in our family. A nice dinner, some delicious dessert, and lots of family time! My mom's birthday was this past Friday so I thought I'd give you guys a little sneak peek into me getting ready. I decided to have a little fun and play around with my makeup using a new palette I recently picked up. Hope you enjoy!


Step 1: Primer + Foundation
First, I applied a layer of my much-loved Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I've talked about this a million times, but it is THE best. Next, I applied my new Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation all over my face and blended it down my neck. My favorite way to apply my foundation is with a beauty blender. I can't stop wearing this foundation. It makes me look flawless but it's not heavy in any way! I am doing a full review on this soon!

Step 2: Concealer + Setting Spray

Next, I applied concealer. I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser on any dark spots and breakouts. I took my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes, in the center of my chin, on my cupid's bow, across the bridge of my nose, and in the center of my forehead to highlight those areas. I then set all those liquid products with the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. To set my concealer, I applied my favorite Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. It's a translucent powder with very fine shimmer and it brightens really nicely. You can read a full review here.


Step 3: Blush + Bronzer

I took my all time favorite NARS Laguna Bronzer and placed that in the hollows of my cheeks to contour my face a bit. I also placed it on my temples and along the jawline. I took this gorgeous Revlon Berry Flirtatious Cream Blush and swiped in on the cheeks!

Step 4: Eyeshadow!

This is where I decided to have a little fun. I recently hauled this Lorac Stylist Palette in my Fall Hall, which you can read here! I found it on Nordstorm Rack for only $15! The colors are so pretty for fall! I did drop it and unfortunately the last shadow there on the left broke a little, so just ignore that! I packed the smokey blue gray all across my lid. I then applied the lighter brown shade all through my crease, followed by placing the matte black in my outer corner. I then took a clean blending brush and blended everything out really nicely. I forgot to label this on the photo, but I took the black and placed it on the lower lash line and then took a blending brush to smoke it out. I finished the look off by placing the highlight color in my inner corner and on the brow bone.

Step 5: Liner + Brows + Mascara
I applied my Maybellirne Gel Liner, which is very well loved, along my upper lash line and winged it out. I filled in my brows with my Anatasia Perfect Brow Pencil in soft brown. I finished everything off with 2 coats of the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes. I love this mascara for volume!


Step 6: Lips

Since I went bolder with my eye makeup, I definitely wanted to keep it more neutral with my lips. This is my new favorite, favorite lipstick. I seriously wear it non-stop. This is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in "Rush". I featured this is my Fall Favorite Lipsticks post, and you can read that here.

And finished....

I really loved this look and hope you did too! Thank for reading and have an AMAZING day!

xoxo,
Paige

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! Lorac shadows are awesome! :)

    www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm loving lorac shadows right now!

      Delete