Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Favorites: Lipsticks!

Fall is without a doubt my favorite season to play around with lipstick. I get swept away into a land of plums, berries, and reds. I thought I wound kick start my "Fall Favorites" series of posts with my most loved fall lipsticks this season. I narrowed it down to my top 6 lip products, and have included 3 drugstore options and 3 higher end options, so there's a nice mix! I included lip swatches with every lipstick, but I will forewarn you, I was in a bit of rush so they are not all applied perfectly. BUT, you still get a good idea of what they look like on the lips!

1. Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

As anyone who has been reading my blog would know, I LOVE the Revlon Lip Butters. They are some of my all time favorite lip products. This shade "Sugar Plum" is definitely my favorite for Fall. It's a perfect wearable, everyday plum. I love that it doesn't have shimmer. It's also super glossy and so easy to wear. This goes with ANY eye look!

2. Rimmel Show Off in Solstice (201)

Another super wearable fall-appropriate lip color! These Rimmel Show Offs have the most amazing formula. They are essentially liquid lipsticks and I'm in love! This is a really gorgeous plum-berry shade that's more on the more neutral side. This is another very versatile color that could be worn along with just about any eye makeup!

3. Rimmel Show Off in Comet (201)

I'm loving these Rimmel Show Offs so much, that I just had to include another gorgeous shade in my Top 6 Lipsticks for Fall. This one is a little bit bolder. It's a deep mauvey-plum and I love pairing it with super simple neutral eyes for a quick fall look! My next post will be a full review on these products so I will go into a tad more detail there.

4. Urban Decay Revolution Rush Lipstick in Rush

It's official! I have found THE perfect "my lips but better" lipstick! My lips are naturally on the darker side and this color was made for them! This is a perfect nude/neutral lipstick for fall. These Urban Decay lipsticks were recently launched, and the formula is impeccable. They are so smooth and creamy, plus they are super pigmented. The color range is also amazing and I can't want to pick up some more! Also, I have to give it up for some gorgeous packaging. Love the gunmetal tube!

5. Mac RIRI Woo


Disregard the horrible application and dryness of my lips, but this is one of the most gorgeous reds! I love pulling out an amazing red lipstick in the fall time, especially into the holiday season. This RIRI Woo is a retro-matte finish, and I will warn you, it is VERY matte. I would not wear this when my lips were dry. BUT when you're lips are moisturized and plump, it is one of the most gorgeous lipsticks. It makes your lips look like red velvet! It is also a very cool or blue toned red, so it makes your teeth look whiter. And oh my gracious, the packaging on this is pretty much to die for! It is limited edition, so snatch it up while you can.

6. Mac Rebel


I had to finish this post with my NUMBER 1 FAVORITE lipstick for fall. This is the perfect bold lip for this time of year and it seriously looks amazing on so many skin tones. It is a satin finish but it is super smooth and non-drying on the lips. Again, my lips are quite chapped in this photo. If you want to see this lipstick in action and in better detail, then you can check out my last post, which was a Fall-Inspired Face of the Day (click here). But seriously, the perfect plummy berry that's bold and glorious. I am loving!

Thanks so much for reading up on my Favorite Fall lipsticks! If you purchase or have any of these shades, let me know what you think! I will be putting together a few more "Fall Favorites" posts in the next couple weeks, so follow my blog if you want to see those. I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Urban Decay in RUSH! might have to pick it up! I found you on instagram!!

    Verosays.com

    xoVero

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favorite lipstick at the moment! Definitely worth picking up :) I can't wait try our more colors from the line!

    ReplyDelete