Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall-Inspired: Get Ready With Me//FOTD

The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling, the sweaters are coming out, and the autumn makeup is finally here! Fall is my favorite season for many reasons, including the fabulous makeup. I love the dark lips, smokey rich eyeshadows, and the dark nail polishes. Today I thought I'd let you take a peek into me getting ready with a very fall-inspired makeup look. I kept the eyes super simple and played up my lips with a gorgeous deep, deep berry. This is one of my go-to looks this fall!


Step 1: Foundation + Concealer

I first primed my skin with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (which is my all time fave, read more about it here). Next, I combined two foundations: Laura Mercier Silk creme (medium ivory) + Revlon Nearly Naked (120 Vanilla). I obsessed with the combo right now. The Nearly Naked sheers out the thick Laura Mercier foundation for an everyday medium-coverage foundation that has the most gorgeous natural, slightly luminous finish!

Step 2: Concealer + Brows

Next, I covered up any dark spots and breakouts with this Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser which is in the shade fair/light. I followed that up with my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the color Chantilly for my undereyes, and I'm loving this concealer at the moment.

I filled in my brows with the Anatasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil in Soft Brown. I just picked this product up the other day and I am already in love with it. It gives the most natural looking brows!

Hellllo crazy eyes, not the cutest photo of my life but you can see the finish and coverage of the foundation.

Step 3: Set Foundation and Concealer

To set my foundation I used the Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, which keeps my foundation looking freshly applied all day. I rarely set with powder since I do have dry skin and powders tend to cake-up on me. I always set my concealer though with this Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (huge favorite, and you can learn more about it here).

Step 4: Eyeshadow 

For the eyes, I started by priming them with the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Priming prevents creasing and helps the shadow apply more richly and evenly. For my shadows, I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and Mac Soft Brown. I labeled the picture so you can see where I placed everything! Mac Soft Brown also went along my lower lash line.

Step 5: Liners + Mascara

On my upper lash line, I created a winged liner look with my Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in blackest black. This is my holy grail gel liner; it applies super smooth, it's nicely pigmented, and it doesn't dry out super quick! Then, I ran the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in Nude on my waterline, which really opens up the eye and makes you look more awake! Finally, I curled my lashes and added a coat of the YSL Babydoll mascara on my top and bottom lashes. 


Step 6: LIPS! 

Now for the fun part! I applied Mac rebel ever so carefully to my lips. This is by far my favorite lipstick for the fall! It looks super purple in the tube, but it applies much more berry. This is a satin finish, but the formula is not drying. It wears so nicely too and I never have had problems with it fading or wearing off funny. It stains your lips and is very long lasting.

 
All done and ready for fall! I hope you enjoyed this Fall-Inspired Get Ready With Me! If you have any questions, feel free to comment. I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment