Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Favorites: Beauty + Random

HOW IS IT ALREADY OCTOBER? I feel like it was just the like... February. However, it is officially Fall and I couldn't be happier. Fall is the most perfect season in my opinion. I love the weather, the leaves, the pumpkin spice lattes, the football, and of course the makeup! Last month, I didn't post a favorites so this month I have lots of exciting products to share with you and also some fun little random things. Shall we begin...


I am addicted to buying foundations. I am a little obsessed with find the best ones that are out there. This may be one of the best that I have ever tried. I have normal to dry skin and this suits my skin so well. Lots of full-coverage foundations look cakey on me and I have yet to find a single one that I even like, let alone love, but this one I LOVE. The finish is gorgeous, slightly luminous and dewy but not overly dewy. I've seen reviews from all sorts of people with different skin types and it seems to work well for many skin types. The color is chose was "medium ivory", in case you were interested.

2. NARS Blush in Sin

This has been my stable blush so far this fall season. This picture doesn't show the color exactly right (darn you camera!) but it's a very nice plumberry shade with gold shimmer. And lord, it is gorgeous on the cheeks! I'm fairly pale, but I do believe this would look AMAZING on darker skin tones. I love this shade with all my fall makeup looks and it looks so good with a deep berry lip.


3. Lancome Hynose Doll Lashes, Lancome Cils Booster XL, Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama 

This has been my favorite mascara combination for the past couple months. I first apply the Lancome Cils Booster XL which is a white coat that adds little fibers on your lashes and lengthens them, and then the Maybelline The Falsies since it's waterproof which means it will hold the curl, and finally the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes which adds lots of volume and some more length. This seriously makes my lashes look like false lashes.

4. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

I have done a full review of this on my blog, which you can read here, so I won't say too much about this. This is the best powder I have ever tried to set under eye concealer. It brightens the whole under eye up, makes you look super awake, and helps with dark circles.

5. Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum


If you've been reading my blog for a little while, you''ll know that I am obsessed with Revlon Lip Butters. I love this Sugar Pulm shade for the Fall season! It's a super wearable plum for everyday and the formula is so smooth and hydrating. I've been wearing this all month!

6. Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner

This shampoo and conditioner is amazing for oily hair! It really helps reduce the oiliness of hair, and at the same time it makes my hair soft, super clean, and shiny. This may be my perfect shampoo and conditioner. It also smells like pure bliss. Rosemary and Mint make a gorgeous couple. When I use this, it makes my whole bathroom smell like a ritzy spa.

Random

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks

No explanation needed. They are pure deliciousness.

2. Amber + Pumpkin Candle
I picked this up from Target this month and HOLY MOLY this is Fall in candle form. It's warm and pumpkin-y, but not too sweet. The fragrance notes are maple, pumpkin spice, clove, and amber. One of the best candles I've ever smelt!

3. Music
  • Artist: Drake / Song: Wu Tang Forever // Obsessed with the whole album!
  • Artise: Lorde/ Song: Team // One of my favorite artists of the moment. So talented.
  • Artist: The Civil Wars / Song: The One That Got Away // so addicting. 
So with the end of this post I say farewell to September, and HELLO October. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing month!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment