Saturday, October 19, 2013

Quick, Simple, and Natural FOTD!

On a day-to-day basis, I like to keep my makeup relatively simple. This is one of my favorite everyday go-to looks. It's quick, easy, and natural. This everyday makeup will feature neutral eyes, mascara, a little foundation, blush, and a neutral lip!


 Step 1: Prime + Apply Foundation


I take a pea-sized amount of my favorite Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (seriously, this stuff is amazing) and follow up with a thin layer of Marc Jacobs Genius Gel foundation (Beige Light). My favorite way to apply this foundation is with a beauty blender. This is quickly becoming the best foundation I have ever tried. I will be putting up a full review soon!


Step 2: Conceal

Next, I conceal my dark circles and highlight my face. I apply this Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle concealer in an upside down triangle under my eyes, on the center of chin and forehead, and on the cupids bow. This gives nice dimension to the face and really awakens the skin. I set the concealer with the bareMineals Well-Rested powder which is a brightening powder. This adds more brightness and prevents the concealer from creasing!

Step 3: Set Foundation + Fill in Brows

I set my foundation so that it lasts all day long with the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. Next, I fill in my brows with the Anatasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil (soft brown).


Step 4: Apply Blush and Bronzer

I then applied NARS Laguna bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, on my temples, and along the jawline. This adds lots of dimension to the face. Next I placed this Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious onto the apples of my cheek for a nice flush. I love these cream blushes. They blend out so nicely and turn from a cream to a powder finish. They're amazing drugstore blushes!

Step 5: Apply Eye Shadow 

This is my go-to super quick eye shadow look. This seriously takes less than 2 minutes and adds a perfect amount of definition to the eyes! I just use a big fluffy crease brush for most of the look. I use the Urban Decay Basics palette for this. I take WOS (pale pink shade) and sweep it all over the lid. I then apply Naked 2 and MAC soft brown through the crease to contour the eye and add depth. Next, I highlight the brow bone with Foxy and highlight the inner corner of the eye with Venus. I take an angled brush and use Faint to define the lower lash line. Super easy! 

Step 6: Apply Mascara

To finish off the eyes, I load up with some mascara. I apply one coat of the YSL Babydoll mascara, which is probably the best mascara I have ever used. I apply this to both the top and bottom lashes. I then apply a coat of the Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes which is another favorite and it add amazing volume! This is my all-time favorite mascara combo. When my eye shadow is really simple, and I'm not wearing liner, I like to focus on the lashes and really make them look big and bold!





Step 7: Lips

For lips, I applied my new absolute favorite lipstick! This is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rush. These lipsticks apply like a dream. They are so smooth and moisturizing and so easy to wear! 

  And done! This is my favorite quick makeup look of the moment! 

Nails + Perfume
For nails, I applied OPI Black Onyx and finished with a coat of the Seche Vite top coat! I will forever love black nail polish. 

For my scent, I used Viktor and Rolf Flower Bomb. I am obsessed with this perfume. It's like a floral explosion!

I hope you enjoyed this Face of the Day post. I used lots of products from my recent Fall Haul, and if you want to read that then just click here. For my last Face of the Day post, click here. Thanks so much for reading! I have lots of fun post coming the next few weeks. I hope you have an amazing day!

xoxo,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment